Posted to rec.food.cooking
PeterL PeterL is offline

Default REC: (For LadyJane) Lemon Cupcakes

"LadyJane" > wrote in
ps.com:

> PeterL wrote:
>> I said specifically for LadyJane because I don't know if our friends
>> across the 'pond' would have the same ingredients........

> Thanks Peter... sounds delicious!
> Have been looking for some different cake recipes (for husbands
> lunches!) and he's particularly fond of lemon flavoured
> cakes/cheesecakes.

LOL!! I'm psychotic........ errrrr, psychic :-)

> The link didn't actually mention the Tangy Lemon variety - am guessing
> it may be a new addition to the line. Will keep on the lookout at
> Woolies & Coles.

I grabbed mine from a local Foodworks, so I'm sure that Woolies or Coles
will have them.

> Am currently looking for a friand recipe - bought the cute tins a year
> ago (when Green's brought out a range of packaged friand mixes - fav
> was the orange/poppyseed) and now they've stopped making them...
> grrrr...

http://aww.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=50379

That's Geoff and Lyndey's version :-)

> Bet 'she who has a lemon addiction' has no intention of sharing them!
> hehehe
> You should check in with workmates to make sure she does/did
> 'share'....lol

Actually, she did share :-)

Here's an excerpt from an email she just sent me ........

"the cupcakes went down a treat!!
XXXXX hasn't arrived in the office yet, so he missed out. XXXXX said to
me "just eat it" when I asked if I should keep it for him :-P
XXXXX wanted to know if they're low fat. I said yes. So she enjoyed
hers- guilt free.
XXXXX, XXXXX and XXXX loved them too.
Your first culinary attempt to impress and enslave my co-workers
tastebuds has been a success.

FIRST (name of workplace deleted)....NEXT....THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!

:-))"

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

'Enjoy today, it was paid for by a veteran'