Posted to rec.food.cooking
PeterL PeterL is offline

Default REC: (For LadyJane) Lemon Cupcakes

I said specifically for LadyJane because I don't know if our friends
across the 'pond' would have the same ingredients........

125g tub Nestle BLISSFULL Tangy Lemon Cream
( http://www.nestle.com.au/Products/Da...ll/Default.htm )
120g margarine, softened (I used unsalted butter)
1/2 cup caster sugar
1 egg
1 lemon, rind finely grated
1 cup Self Raising flour
1/4 cup low-fat milk
125g tub Nestle BLISSFULL Mango and Cream (I used the Vanilla)

(Next time I make them I'll also chuck in a handful of dessicated
coconut)

Preheat oven to 180C (I ended up on 160c with a fan forced). Grease
(spray oil) a 12cup muffin tin (you only end up using about 9 of them
with this).

Combine the Tangy Lemon Cream, butter, sugar, egg and rind in a bowl and
beat with an electric mixer on high for 5 mins till creamy. Add the
flour and milk. Beat (with a spoon) until just combined.

Spoon into muffin tin. Bake for 25mins or till golden brown.

Remove from tin and cool on a wire rack.

Use a spoon to scoop out a hole in the top of each cake. Spoon in some
BLISSFULL Mango and Cream, or Vanilla....... or maybe just some whipped
cream with *whatever* in it (so long as it goes with lemon), cut the
removed section into two and arrange on top like the old butterfly patty
cakes.

I made them last night, we had one with a cup of tea, and she who is a
lemon freak promptly took *all* of the leftovers to work this morning to
share with her co-workers :-/

Recipe c/o Nestle's

Per Cupcake...

Energy (kJ) 889
Protein(g) 4.0
Fat(g) 10.8
Carbs(g) 24.6

But hey...... they taste nice!!! :-)

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

'Enjoy today, it was paid for by a veteran'