Posted to rec.food.preserving
Toni Toni is offline

Default Making jelly less set

"Anny Middon" > wrote in message
y.net...
>I made two kinds of jelly recently and both came out harder than I would
>like. I may go ahead and enter one in the fair anyway -- the building with
>the exhibits is not air-conditioned, so maybe the heat will soften it up a
>bit. :-)
>
> Is there anyway to reprocess jelly and make it softer? Can I add some
> more juice and sugar and reheat and re-BWB, or will the extra processing
> disturb the jell?
>
> Anny

Did you use Liquid or Powder Pectin? Liquid tends to yield a softer set
but also can take a week or so to reach it's full set consistency in the
jar. I prefer using Liquid for Jelly and Powered for Jam mainly so I don't
risk pectin lumps in Jelly.

Six Great State Fair of Texas entries in the jars and waiting for September.
Four entries left to do. We've been limited to ten entries again this year.

Peace and Love,
Toni ^_^

The truth is out there. Trust no one. Deny everything.