Posted to rec.food.cooking
kilikini[_2_] kilikini[_2_] is offline

Default Chicago deep dish pizza [Was: REC - Italian Beef Sandwiches (crockpot recipe)]

"Pandora" > wrote in message

> "Lou Decruss" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> > On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 20:07:16 +0200, "Pandora" >
> > wrote:
> >

> >>"Lou Decruss" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> . ..
> >>>

> Sorry if I don't understand, but where is the difference between a Chicago
> deep pizza and a normal pizza, then?
> Excuse me for all these questions

Pandora, I always understood Chicago pizza to be just a deep dish pizza.
It's got a crust at least an inch thick, a little crispy on the outside and
nice and soft on the inside. I usually eat Chicago pizza with a fork
because it's usually over-full of toppings, sauce and cheese and gets really
messy. New York pizza tends to have a thin, but pliable crust and the
slices of pizza are so big you have to fold the slice in half to eat it.
The pizza I've had in California and Hawaii had a thin crust, but it was
thicker than New York, but much thinner than Chicago style.

Personally, I like a super crispy thin crust because it doesn't fill you up
as quickly so you get to eat more. (I say that, but I can usually only eat
2 slices on a *good* day!)

kili