Posted to rec.food.cooking
Lou Decruss[_1_] Lou Decruss[_1_] is offline

Default REC - Italian Beef Sandwiches (crockpot recipe)

On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 13:31:19 -0500, Damsel in dis Dress
> wrote:

>On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 12:13:36 -0500, Lou Decruss >
>wrote:
>
>>Although the recipe posted was fine I'd use broth rather than water.

>Thank you! Very easy to substitute a can (yeah, I'm not a *real*
>foodie) of beef broth for the water.

You can buy the freezable boxes of concentrate. Works well.

>>Other possible additions would be:
>>Bay leaf
>>Onion
>>Marjoram
>>Bell Pepper
>>Hot sauce
>>Black pepper

>I will ponder these. Some are things that Crash won't eat, so that
>slows me down sometimes.

Small price to pay for a good companion. Chopped fine most are
undetectable after they all incorporate. Just don't overdo them.
Tyme and fennel should have been on the list of options also.

Lou