Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nexis Nexis is offline

Default "meat flushing" or CO injections

"aem" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Knit Chic wrote:
>> [long snip]
>> follow strict safety standards to continually ensure product does not remain
>> on-shelf beyond the respective sell-by dates."
>>
>> Tops told 5 On Your Side, "If customers purchase any product which is not
>> fresh, the store has a double your money back guarantee in place to give
>> customers a 200 percent refund."

> Typical corporate answers, probably crafted by lawyers. Neither one
> answers the question, do we sell meat treated with carbon monoxide?
> -aem

Reminds me of the news story a while back about the store that was *bleaching* fish.
They took fish that had gone past it's date, or was returned for various reasons and
bleached it to get rid of the "fishy" smell.
I am grateful to have found a source of meat that I trust.

kimberly