Scott T. Jensen

Default The seven major cuisines of the world?

"Alex Rast" > wrote:
> (Scott T. Jensen) wrote :
> >How would one go about getting a chef that could handle
> >all cuisines in the world AND do them right?

> That's not what you're looking for or need in a chef. It's
> unrealistic to expect someone to be an expert in every
> type of cuisine known. Far more important is this person's
> basic skill and creativity, which can overcome gaps in
> specific knowledge, their ability to find and hire people
> who *do* have the specific skills in cuisines and
> techniques which they themselves don't have, and the
> ability to manage and run a professional kitchen.

Alright. So how would one go about getting this type of a chef and knowing
which is the best of those that apply?

Scott Jensen
--
Like a cure for A.I.D.S., Alzheimer, Parkinson, & Mad Cow Disease?
Volunteer your computer for folding-protein research for when it's idle.