Posted to rec.food.cooking
Joe Cilinceon[_2_] Joe Cilinceon[_2_] is offline

Default Tomato Sauce or Paste

Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
> "Joe Cilinceon" > :
>
>> snip and save<

> Thanks Joe. Method and recipe has been saved. I pretty much do the
> same as you, but I don't add the sugar. Usually I use tomatoes vs.
> sauce and whatever meat I have on hand. Usually it's ground chuck
> but for lasagne it is always ground Italian sausage.
>
> Michael

I add 1 teaspoon for can of tomato paste, it can be a little bitter without
it. I've also like fresh tomatoes instead of canned when I can get the Roma
tomatos, (got 2 plants coming up now). I don't care other types of tomatoes
in pasta sauces. I like to mix 2 parts beef to 1 part pork in sauces and my
meat balls also. I like the Italian sausage without the casings for sauces
as well but sometimes also like the full sausage. Basil and parsley grow
good here in Kentucky, I have it going almost year around now in a small
hot house.

--

Joe Cilinceon