Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Blues Lyne Blues Lyne is offline

Default Best places to buy tea online?

"xDustinx" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Just wondering where everyone likes to purchase their tea online? I
> would go to regular retail stores but we don't seem to have any here in
> San Diego worth mentioning. So instead I purchase most of my tea from
> specialteas.com. I've also purchased from thefragrantleaf.com before.
> I just purchased a bao zhong oolong from them and I'm pretty excited to
> receive it. I've never received anything but quality tea from either
> website, but my knowledge of tea is still limited so who really knows.

I also haven't found too much as far as good tea shops in San Diego. I've
found a few places that I go every once in a while.

If you like Japanese tea, there is a Japanese market called Mitsuwa Market
Place: 4240 Kearny Mesa Road (Clairemont) 858-569-6699. It has a pretty big
selection of packaged teas from Japan.

Ranch 99 Market on Clairemont Mesa Blvd. between the 805 and Convoy has some
good teas, but not great. Again they are packaged teas. The more expensive
FooJoy teas in tins aren't too bad.

Surprisingly Peets Coffee and Tea have some decent teas. I've had their
Keemun, Lung Ching and Sencha and all were good. They have locations in
Torrey Highland, La Jolla and Hillcrest. You can find their locations
online at www.peets.com

Den's Teas http://www.denstea.com/ up in Torrance has very very good
Japanese teas. It's a bit more pricey, but the tea is really fresh. Since
they are not that far away, shipping is fast.

Other than that I've gotten most of my teas online from Special Teas, Upton
and www.teaspring.com .