Rusty

Default Canadian Thanksgiving--- Dessert? ?

tintalle wrote:
> Hi guys,
> Looking for suggestions for an interesting dessert for my families
> Thanksgiving dinner. Something for 8 or so people. I might even make
> two different yummy dishes, just so everyone has a choice. I'm thinking
> maybe a cheesecake.... and what? I'd love to hear your favorites
> Thanks,
> tint

This is a great recipe from Southern Living Magazine
and perfect for Thanksgiving. Rusty

Cheesecake - Pumpkin - Southern Living

2 cups crushed gingersnaps (about 40 cookies)
1/4 cup brown sugar -- divided
1/4 cup butter or margarine -- melted
3 packages (8-ounce) cream cheese -- softened
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
15 ounces can pumpkin
14 ounces can sweetened condensed milk
3 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1 1/2 cups sour cream

Combine crumbs, 3 tbsps brown sugar and butter. Press on bottom of a 9"
springform pan. Set aside. Beat cream cheese and flour at medium speed
with an electric mixer until creamy. Add pumpkin and next 5 ingredients.
Pour into prepared crust. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Reduce oven
temperature to 225°, and bake 1 hour. Cool on a wire rack 5 minutes.
Combine sour cream and remaining 1 tbsp brown sugar; spread over
cheesecake. Bake 5 more minutes. Cool on a wire rack 30 minutes; cover
and chill overnight.
To reduce fat and calories, substitute reduced-fat cream cheese, light
sour cream, low-fat sweetened condensed milk, and 3/4 cup egg substitute
for the eggs.

My note - Made this Nov. 2002 - everyone loved it!!!!