Posted to alt.food.diabetic
TigerLily TigerLily is offline

Default Bread

phil........ i don't have a recipe for you, but i
would like to tell you that you don't have to
throw out most of the loaf...........

i cut my bread, save some in a plastic wrap on the
counter (enough for 3 or 4 days)......... the rest
of my bread is in the freezer, and i pull it out
slice by slice as i need it

i use the whole loaf

i DO like to wake up to the smell of fresh made
bread...... and i make an oatbran loaf of bread
(from the recipe book that came with the bread
maker)

kate
--
Join us in the Diabetic-Talk Chatroom on UnderNet
/server irc.undernet.org --- /join #Diabetic-Talk

"Phil Aypee" > wrote
in message
> Hi,
>
> Before I developed Type 2 diabetes (actually

earlier, before I had the stroke) I made my own
wholemeal bread.

> I'd like to do so again as fresh-baked bread is

one of the few luxuries I can afford - if there is
a suitable low carbohydrate recipe.
> Where I live in the UK I cannot easily get to

*proper* shops, I am effectively limited to
Sainsbury's and Haitrose (I don't like the John
Lewis shops generally).
> I could get to Tesco's or Marks & Sparks

occasionally.

> Any thoughts?
>
> I'd like to know before I order a small

breadmaker - and I don't mind throwing most of a
loaf away.

> Take care,
> Phil.
>
> "Time wounds all heels."
>
> Diagnosed Type 2 December 2005
> Metformin, 3 × 500 mg
> Gliclazide, 2 × 80 mg
> Simvastatin, 1 × 40 mg
> (and a whole bunch of other stuff for other

problems!)

http://uk.geocities.com/philadkinsp/diabetes.html