Posted to rec.food.cooking
serene serene is offline

Default Cast Iron Cleaning

On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 16:41:26 GMT, "Charlie S."
> wrote:

>I'm finding it more and more difficult to clean the pan. It seems even a
>little meat burning leaves a lot of crud on the pan and I can't scrape it
>off. I guess you are not suppose to use steel wool. So, cleaning is nearly
>impossible.

Things rarely stick on my cast iron, because I keep it seasoned, but
on the rare occasion they do, I scrape the living shit out of it with
a good stiff metal spatula and use hot water -- I don't use soap,
unless I'm willing to re-season it. Steel wool seems fine to me, too,
but I usually have good success with a spatula and water.

serene
--
Kissing Hank's Ass is 10 years old! http://jhuger.com/kisshank
My personal blog: http://serenejournal.livejournal.com