PENMART01

Default almond paper?

>John D. Misrahi" writes:
>
>A friend of mine saw some cooking show where they had some kind of paper
>made from almonds - it was therefore edible, and was used as a decoration,
>to line gift baskets, etc..
>
>Does anyone here know what this stuff is and how to make it or where to buy
>it??

Sounds like the "paper" used with the Italian nougat candy, torrone... I
believe that's called "ostia"... but I think ostia (also called wafer) is
tradionally made from wheat. Perhaps that almond "paper" is actually marzipan.

Here's a place that sells ostia/wafer made from potato starch, go know:
http://fantes.com/cake_decorating_ingredients.htm

Perhaps this will help:
http://www.murrayhill5.net/blog/inmy...es/000378.html

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---