Posted to alt.food.sushi
PastaLover PastaLover is offline

Default Where to find the best sushi in the world, price no object? ReviewsWanted

rufus wrote:

> To Gerry, Squeezeweasel and Pastalover:

> Also, regarding Nobu - Eat at the sushi bar! If you sit at a table you
> can't have a dialog with the chef. I find that I almost always end up
> with some tremendous dishes when I ask the chef for recommendations.
> Of course, I like exotic fare, not California rolls. That's probably
> why I enjoy it so much.

I agree. For any sushi place! The bar is where I prefer to sit when I'm
alone; it gives me a chance to watch the chefs. And that's always a treat.

And if they're personable, and most are, you can chat with them and if
you show an appreciation for what they do, and ask for recommendations,
they'll often give you better quality and more variety than you might
imagine.