Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
[email protected] HobbesOxon@googlemail.com is offline

Default One 6-minute steep vs two 3-minute steeps

> And speaking of myth, just to raise the stakes: a cake of my best Pu-erh
> to anyone who can provide some convincing science to support the
> oft-cited "fact" that oxygen in water is critical to making good tea.

Bold words! Presumably, you wouldn't argue that boiling the living
daylights out of a pot of water (let's say five minutes of hard
boiling, to reduce dissolved oxygen) will alter the taste of subsequent
tea brewed using it, in comparison with brewing once the water just
reaches the temperature appropriate for your leaves? Definitely worth
taking the taste challenge with, methinks!

Toodlepip,

Hobbes