Posted to alt.food.sushi
PastaLover PastaLover is offline

Default Where to find the best sushi in the world, price no object? ReviewsWanted

squeezeweasel wrote:
> No really exceptional sushi last time, but the best food we had was at
> Commander's Palace in the Desert Passage, Andre's at the Monte Carlo,
> and the Border Grill at Mandalay Bay. We're staying at Mandalay Bay
> this time - Aureole is also at the Mandalay Bay, and is excellent.

No sushi related, but I've got to contribute.

When I lived in LV, I hosted my own birthday dinner each year. I picked
a different restaurant each year.

So when Commander's Palace came to LV, that was the place I picked that
year.

I booked the reservations nearly 3 months in advance (and my birthday is
in June, so it's not like it was the holidays or anything). First they
didn't want to host a party of 10 without the chef's approval. Granted,
I'm sure the chef wields a great deal of power, but a party of 10 isn't
that unusual. I was somewhat put off by this whole attitude they had--I
was tempted to go somewhere else, but I was couldn't wait to try what
was touted as New Orlean's best restaurant.

Well, all my friends thought the experience was less than wonderful.
They thought the previous year's dinner at Emeril's Delmonaco
Steakhouse, or the year before that at Red Square (Mandalay Bay) were
vastly superior.

The service was slow, the food was served cold, and because we were a
"large party" they gave us limited menus to pick from.

Haven't been to any of the other places, but I've heard a really good
things about Aureole. And Andre's is a Las Vegas tradition (not at the
Monte Carlo; they've had a downtown location for YEARS!).