Posted to alt.food.sushi
Nathan Nathan is offline

Default Where to find the best sushi in the world, price no object? Reviews Wanted

PastaLover wrote:
> rufus wrote:
> > LAS VEGAS
> >
> > NOBU
> > An excellent representative of the chain. Consistently excellent,
> > sometimes great.

> About the best I've had in LV.
>
> Had my first and so far last Kobe beef there. Also went wild one night
> and spent nearly $300 just on myself. I let the chef do whatever and he
> came through with a number of very tasty and tempting experiences. Too
> much saki prevents me from remembering much more of the evening.
>
> Used to live there (10 years--for Vegas, that's a lifetime!) and saw a
> lot of places come and go. There used to be a really good little place
> on West Sahara. Been there since the 50's or early 60's, but the
> founding couple retired and the daughter and her husband ended up
> selling the place in the divorce.
>
> Another place that isn't too bad and quite inexpensive (if it's still
> there) is in the northwestern part of the valley, Cheyenne and Tenaya.
> Narita, I think it was. It was near where I worked and we'd treat
> ourselves on payday.

I haven't been to Nobu yet, but it's on my list of places to visit
(very little disposable income being a university student). But there's
quite a few nice hole-in-the-wall type places throughout the valley. I
know of one or two here in the east side of Vegas, although I can't
remember the names at the moment.

It's amazing how much this valley has grown in the past few years (I've
been here 14 years and it's grown by over 1 million people). A lot of
really nice restaurants have moved in in just the past few years, and
are continuing to move in - the fact that it's only an hour or two long
flight from the majority of the west coast means that fresh fish can be
flown into the nicer restaurants almost daily.

One nice place with decent sushi, and it's pretty happening during the
later hours of the night is Ra Sushi in the new extension of the
Fashion Show Mall at the corner of Spring Mtn. and Las Vegas Blvd.