Posted to rec.food.cooking
Goomba38 Goomba38 is offline

Default Dinners Ready

Mordechai Housman wrote:

> I'm sorry, but I don't know what the mechanics are in this. What does
> one do? I bring raw food there, I look up a recipe or I bring my own, I
> cut up the food, I arrange it, they freeze it, and then I bring it back
> home and cook it?
>
> Or am I missing something here? I completely ignorant of this thing.

my understanding is you bring nothing but your wallet. Then they have
the food already set out and prepped so that you're basically assembling
the casserole or dish with their food. You're not really doing much, and
in a couple of hours you leave with a dozen or so foil pans of food
ready to go into your home freezer for use later. I think it costs like
200 dollars for a dozen entrees or so? And that isn't even a complete meal!