Posted to rec.food.drink,misc.misc
Robbie Hatley Robbie Hatley is offline

Default 100% Natural?

Kent sez...

> "Steve Johnsenson" wrote:
>
> > Are there any soft drinks distributed in the U.S.
> > that use real sugar?

> The majority of them by sales volume, which, along
> with the huge quantities of soft drinks consumed, is
> a major part of the reason why 66% of adults in this
> country are obese.

::does doubletake::

Yikes, I was looking on info. about Tequila, and I find...
Kent Paul Dolan. :-) You sure do get around. Where will
I see you next, rec.vehicles.norwegian-pogo-sticks ?

Anyway... sugar... ok at nighttime, but if I eat it in
the day, it puts me to sleep.

Re. colas (and other such soft drinks), I don't like em;
too acidic, too bubbly, too harsh. Gimme coffee, tea,
milk, wine... or tequila. Or water. (Real water, not
the revolting clorox they pipe to our homes.)

> For example, convenience stores here sell "single
> serving" soft drinks in a size close to two liters
> (1.87, if I recall the conversion correctly), which
> "contains enough sugar to cause diabetis in one
> dose" (well, not quite, but...).

Who sez that's supposed to be "single-serving"? I don't
recall seeing any such thing on 2-liter soft-drink bottles.

And where are you getting 1.87-liter soft drinks? Most of
the soft drinks I've seen on store shelves the last 20 years
have been 0.75, 1.00, 1.50, or 2.00 liters. Just curious.

--
Robbie Hatley
East Tustin, CA, USA