Posted to rec.food.cooking
Mr Libido Incognito Mr Libido Incognito is offline

Default Turkey burgers fall apart?

Mordechai Housman wrote on 11 Jun 2006 in rec.food.cooking

> "synergy3000" > wrote in message
> >I use bread crumbs, eggs and the usual onions for my turkey burgers.
> > They are usually soft and fall apart easily. Any tips for getting to
> > remain as one piece?

> You might try a small amount of mayonnaise. It will also keep them
> juicy, but it will probably affect the taste.

Sometimes letting the 'burger patties' rest in the fridge for 30 minutes
allows the egg and bread crumbs to bind the 'burger' together better.

Other thoughts...maybe the onion should be diced finer?

--
-Alan