Posted to rec.food.cooking
PastaLover PastaLover is offline

Default If not Calphalon, how about Circulon?

LurfysMa wrote:
> Since there's the raging debate over Calphalon (and All-Clad), I'd be
> interested to know how you all feel about Circulon?
>
> I have a large (12") Circulon frying pan that I have only used a few
> times, but seems to work very well. My smaller frying pans are some
> cheaper brand (Supreme?) and are wearing out. My plan it to replace
> them with Circulon pans.

How can a frying pan wear out????

Do you mean the non-stick coating is wearing off? Is so, say so.

If you're using non-stick to begin with, then buy the cheapest damn pan
you can find, and replace it frequently. Otherwise, stick with a decent
stainless steel or cast iron pan and never have to replace it. The brand
really doesn't matter--expect to idiots that think brands are important.