Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown jmcquown is offline

Default If not Calphalon, how about Circulon?

LurfysMa wrote:
> Since there's the raging debate over Calphalon (and All-Clad), I'd be
> interested to know how you all feel about Circulon?
>
> I have a large (12") Circulon frying pan that I have only used a few
> times, but seems to work very well. My smaller frying pans are some
> cheaper brand (Supreme?) and are wearing out. My plan it to replace
> them with Circulon pans.

No idea about Circulon. I love my 35 year old copper clad Revere Ware
(although judging by the web site they don't sell copper clad anymore?!).
And Mom's Revere Ware is close to 60 years old and she's still happy with
it.

I have a couple of cheap non-stick pans I use for omelets and such. And
lots of cast iron which works on the stovetop/oven/grill. I'm happy without
stuff that is apparently touted by celebrity chefs on The Food Network (I
don't have cable so I don't really hear about all of it).

Jill