Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jude Jude is offline

Default Trader joe's discontinued it! Boo, hiss.

Dee Randall wrote:

> Yes, Jude, I know the feeling. I went to find the Panner - I believe it was
> you who told me or the ng about it. I never got to taste it; they never had
> it. But I will bemaking some next week.
>
> Madjur Jaffrey has a paragraph where she explains if you 'do not' want to
> make it into the pounded/drained pieces of paneer, that after you are
> finished draining it, use it as "curds." She uses it in a stir-fry type
> thingy, I believe it is with asparagus. I've not googled other recipes of
> this sort.

One of these days, I'll experiment, I promise!! Not til after summer
tho.

> I just bought the last time I was there the simmer sauces; one of them had
> been discontinued.

Which one?

Stock up next time if you like them.

Good to know. I really like them. I've used them for fish, tofu, and
shrimp. My BF likes them with chicken. And the back says you can also
do chickpeas or lentils or potaotes.......many options!!

> Here in Virginia, I've not paid less than $3.29 for 2-buck.

It was 2.99 when the newport news store opened. i bought it there twice
for that price, i swear!!

> I buy some preserves/jams from Big Lots at a decent price. The first
> ingredient is always the fruit, not sugar. And the second and third
> ingredient are not sugar and cornsyrup. They generally are from Germany and
> surrounds. They are good for crostata/tarts. I've not tasted TJ's jams.

my MIL is crazy about TJs jams. Uses the cherry preserves over ice
cream in the evening. She buys them in every flavor. Personally, I love
the Bonne Maman jams if i'm buying anything with sugar and not an
all-fruit. My daughter loves Dickson's preserves. And of course,
anything from the farm stand.

> One jam/spread I'm nuts about is one from BJ's, but not inexpensive.
> Dalmatia Imports -
> Fig Spread with Orange 2004 NASFT Gold Medal Winner oustanding jam,
> preserve, spread or sweet topping.
> Ingredients: Dalmatian Dried Figs,Oranges, Pure cane sugar, water. 24.7 oz
> (700g) $5.49

Oh, that's yummy stuff! Good with aged cheese and crackers.
> Yum, Yum.
>
> Sorry you didn't get all you 'needed.' ;-))

I'll live. I got two hundred bucks worth of stuff, so I got plenty.

Oh, and by the way........Chocolate covered sunflower seeds are DA
BOMB!! =)