Posted to rec.food.baking
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default How to create your own recipe

"Mordechai Housman" > wrote in news:3Cghg.7242
$nV4.6076@trndny03:

> Can I claim anything that you will believe?

The point was, can other reproduce your results from your recipe that
you've written down?

> Or is it possible to create a good, new recipe only with a working
> knowledge of chemistry. I am sure many famous chefs would be surprised
> to hear it.

Honestly, I think more "cooks" know more food science than they realize.
They may not know the hows and whys to it.

If you make the TollHouse cookie recipe from the back of the bag, and you
forget the baking soda, You'll notice a difference in the cookie. You
may not know WHY it's different (What the soda actually does) but you'll
know what happens if it's not there.

That's the difference between a Chef & A cook. A cook knows how to do
things, a Chef knows why you do them.

I'd wager you either know more about food science than you think/claim,
or you got lucky on the recipes.

Also, in cooking, science is not as big as it is in Baking.