Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Harry Demidavicius Harry Demidavicius is offline

Default Best barbecue cookbook?

On Mon, 05 Jun 2006 23:25:49 -0700, Chef Juke >
wrote:

>On Mon, 5 Jun 2006 19:25:31 -0700, "Kent" > wrote:
>
>>I just posted a similar query on alt.food.cooking about cooking and all like
>>"Joy of Cooking", a long way from barbecue. Many plunged in and shared what
>>they use, mostly "Joy of Cooking"
>>With humility and thanks,
>>Kent
>>

>Kent,
>
>I kinda look at books about Barbecue as falling into two camps. Books
>about the HISTORY and TRADITION of Barbecue and those about the
>RECIPES.
>Anyway, if it is any indication, the Barbecue book that has the most
>stains, torn pages and is the most weather-beaten is definitely Smoke
>and Spice.
>

>-Chef Juke
>"EVERYbody Eats When They Come To MY House!"
>www.chefjuke.com

I have 2 copies of Smoke & Spice - the original one which looks
dog-eared and well thumbed, and a new [2nd edition] one, 'just for
show', to quote the Fiddler on the Roof.

Harry