Posted to alt.food.barbecue
2fatbbq 2fatbbq is offline

Default Best barbecue cookbook?

"Kent" > wrote in message
>I just posted a similar query on alt.food.cooking about cooking and all
>like "Joy of Cooking", a long way from barbecue. Many plunged in and shared
>what they use, mostly "Joy of Cooking"
> What is the best, most used book about all aspects of barbecue, grilling,
> smoke cooking, smoking, barbecue sauce and all else?
> I haven't found a good book that raises me from my naivety and ignorance
> about certain aspects of this, as some believe.
> I don't like Raichlen, nor Jsmes Beard. Believe it or not Beard wrote a
> fairly extensive book about barbecue. I doubt that he entered the patio,
> other than to stare. The small paperback from the California Culinary
> Academy in San Francisco is a good practival guide. BBQguy likes Dr. BBQ's
> Big-Time Barbecue Cookbook: A Real Barbecue Champion Brings the Tasty
> Recipes and Juicy Stories of the Barbecue Circuit to Your Backyard
> (Paperback) by Ray Lampe and other books by the same author.
> What do all of you like? I need help, as some of you have said.
> With humility and thanks,
> Kent

Like others have said the Jamison books are very good--Ray Lampes books is
1st rate also! The Backyard BBQ,the art of Smokeology by (Chef) Richard
Mcpeake is very good. Paul Kirk does a good job helping you construct
flavour profiles!..Another good one is by Mike Millls(17th Street BBQ)--info
and history both

Buzz