Darrell Grainger

Default egg sizes / different uses?

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004, JLove98905 wrote:

> I always buy "large" or "jumbo" eggs. I never really think about it. What are
> some uses for smaller eggs?

When I'm baking I might find that 3 large eggs is too much (I measure
ingredients by weight). Using 2 large and 1 small eggs might be closer to
the weight I'm looking for.

All my european recipes are by weight. They don't differentiate between
small, medium, large or jumbo eggs. therefore, I have assumed the whites
to yolk ratio is about the same regardless of the egg size.

> -Jen
> Half the people you know are below average. -Steven Wright

Don't send e-mail to