Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
LurfysMa LurfysMa is offline

Default One 6-minute steep vs two 3-minute steeps

On Tue, 06 Jun 2006 05:32:00 GMT, "Barky Bark"
> wrote:

>it's true leaves can circulate better without the strainer, but I defy
>anyone to be able to tell the difference in a cup of tea from one that had
>the strainer to one that didn't by taste alone.

OK, but where do you draw the line? I also doubt that most people
could tell the difference from a cup of tea brewed with a tea bag vs
the basket give the same amount of the exact same tea.

>I think the concept of
>"cramping" the tea is a little overwrought.

My main point was that I find the strainer easier to use than the
basket.

So, is it OK with you if I continue to use the strainer even if I
can't tell the difference in the taste? Or even if I just think that
the leaves are less cramped? ;-)

--
For email, use usenet-20060507[at]spamex[dot]com