Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Pete Romfh[_1_] Pete Romfh[_1_] is offline

Default REC: Dressed Up Jello

Simple dessert to make. but you can doll it up in the presentation.
-= Exported from BigOven =-

Dressed Up Jell-O - Diabetic Dessert

Simple to do, refreshing, and low carb. Looks great on the plate.

Recipe By: Pete & Peggy Romfh
Serving Size: 4
Cuisine: Uncategorized
Main Ingredient: Applesauce
Categories: Low Sugar, Diabetic, Vegetarian, Low Carb, Meatless, Low Fat,
Simple - Easy, Snacks, Salads, Desserts, Brunch

-= Ingredients =-
1 package Sugar-free Jell-O ; - Your favorite flavor
1 cup Water ; - Boiling
2 teaspoons Splenda ; - to taste
1 cup Unsweetened Applesauce ; - chilled

-= Instructions =-
Dissolve the Jell-O in one cup of very hot water. Stir gently for at least 2
minutes to assure it is completely dissolved. Add the Splenda during this
process. When completely dissolved add the applesauce, mix well and place in
the refrigerator for at least 4 hours until it's completely set.

This can be cut in cubes, spooned out, or dished up in creative ways. I used
a melon baller to make small spheres which I served with a small chunk of
fresh pineapple. It also goes well with low-cal yogurt in a contrasting
flavor.

Each (app 1/2 cup) serving of this (without the pineapple) contains an
estimated:
Cals: 42, FatCals: 0, TotFat: 0g
SatFat: 0g, PolyFat: 0g, MonoFat: 0g
Chol: 0mg, Na: 63mg, K: 46mg
TotCarbs: 7g, Fiber: 1g, Sugars: 0g
NetCarbs: 6g, Protein: 1g

** Recipe, with photos, at: http://www.bigoven.com/recipe161205 **
** Easy recipe software. Try it free at: http://www.bigoven.com **

--
Pete Romfh, Telecom Geek & Amateur Gourmet.
http://www.bigoven.com/~promfh