Daisy

Default egg sizes / different uses?

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 21:31:07 -0400, "Hal Laurent" >
wrote:

>"Bob (this one)" > wrote in message
>> JLove98905 wrote:
>>
>> > I always buy "large" or "jumbo" eggs. I never really think about it.

>What are
>> > some uses for smaller eggs?

>> The very small ones are broken for pasteurized and frozen
>> distribution. The rest can be found at retail.

>Around here (Baltimore) it's become darn near impossible to find
>small eggs anymore at the retail level. Just like it's impossible to
>find 3 pound or less chickens.
>
>Hal Laurent
>Baltimore

I find that when a recipe calls for a small egg (and some recipes I
have do actually do this), I simply discard about half of the white of
a large egg, thus reducing the egg to a smaller size. I don't think
the yolks make a lot of difference, but mine is only my own experience
after all.

Daisy