Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Dishwashing liquid (environmental)

"Steve Pope" > wrote in message
> JoeSpareBedroom > wrote:

>>> My local Andronico's (Berkeley CA), but now I'm inspired to
>>> check one or two other places since by you're report it's
>>> still around.

>>Safeway & Vons carry the 38 oz size. UPC 37000-42902. Individual stores
>>may
>>not stock it because they like to play games like that. But, you can
>>usually
>>talk to a manager and they'll order it from their warehouse. If they give
>>you a dumb look, give them this information:

>>This is Safeway's internal item code:
>>3531010109

>>This is the Vons item code:
>>2231010109

>>Albertson's shows the 25 oz size as a normal item in your area, too. Their
>>item code:
>>1537158

>>Lucky Stores data shows the product name, but no sizes.

>>However, there is no "original" Dawn being made any more. The most basic
>>ultra product is a more highly concentrated version of the original. If
>>you
>>find it doesn't rinse as easily, try using less, especially if you have
>>relatively soft water. Not softened by a machine in your house, but
>>naturally soft.

> For a while, Dawn marketed the original product which said
> "non-ultra" on the label. I think you are confirming that
> this isn't available anymore.
>
> Steve

Right. I don't see on the Proctor & Gamble web site any longer. But, the
product was so popular, it would've made no sense for them to make the most
basic ultra version into something totally unusable. So seriously...try
using less. It's hard to know if you have hard or soft water, unless you
have something to compare it to. My water company calls ours "medium
hardness", which seems correct compared to other places I've lived, like
Long Island, where it was next to impossible to rinse off soap until you
learned to use much less.