Posted to rec.food.restaurants,alt.consumers,alt.food
gtr[_1_] gtr[_1_] is offline

Default US Government Trying to Order Restaurants to Downsize Food Portions - ABSURD!!!

In article >, michael
> wrote:

> US Government Trying to Order Restaurants to Downsize Food Portions -
> ABSURD!!!

It is absurd, but where did the word "order" sneak into the government's
recommendations?

> This is ridiculous! I know that obesity is a great concern in America
> but the US government is trying to raise the cost of food by
> encouraging restaurants to 'downsize' their food portions.

They're trying to raise the cost of food? Why? I thought they were
trying to cut down on obesity, so that every tax-payer, and the wealthy
too, can avoid the spiraling costs of healthcare associated with health
problems that overeating produces.

> This is overstepping a boundary! There's absolutely nothing wrong
> with taking a doggie bag of food home with you.

How about I don't have to because I bought a less expensive meal and
ate what they broght? I'm sick of paying $20 for 3 pounds of food of
which I won't eat half, and then have it re-heated for lunch, maybe
twice? I don't WANT two and a half meals for $20 bucks. I'd prefer
they sell me 4 bucks worth of food, I eat it, and move on with my life!

For this reason I don't eat at the "big-plate" Mexican restaurants
where you get more beans and rice than a family of four can eat, and
pay for every bit of it. I eat at mom-and-pop Korean, Mexican,
Vietnamese and other restaurants whose customer base knows and
understands what a gouge is. And also, no small bonus, what good food
is too!

--
Thank you and have a nice day.