Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Dishwashing liquid (environmental)

"Steve Pope" > wrote in message
> JoeSpareBedroom > wrote:
>
>>"Steve Pope" > wrote in message

>>> I am unable to find "non-ultra" Dawn recently.

>>What supermarket do you shop at which does not carry the original version?

> My local Andronico's (Berkeley CA), but now I'm inspired to
> check one or two other places since by you're report it's
> still around.
>
> Steve

Safeway & Vons carry the 38 oz size. UPC 37000-42902. Individual stores may
not stock it because they like to play games like that. But, you can usually
talk to a manager and they'll order it from their warehouse. If they give
you a dumb look, give them this information:

This is Safeway's internal item code:
3531010109

This is the Vons item code:
2231010109

Albertson's shows the 25 oz size as a normal item in your area, too. Their
item code:
1537158

Lucky Stores data shows the product name, but no sizes.

However, there is no "original" Dawn being made any more. The most basic
ultra product is a more highly concentrated version of the original. If you
find it doesn't rinse as easily, try using less, especially if you have
relatively soft water. Not softened by a machine in your house, but
naturally soft.

http://www.pg.com/product_card/brand...nd_nam e=Dawn