Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Reg[_1_] Reg[_1_] is offline

Default Sorry for the confusion - Morton's Tender Quick for brining?

Kent wrote:

> Reg, it's very curious that Paul Bertoli would suddenly arise in this
> thread.
> I've met Paul several times at Oliveto, and I have two of his cookbooks,
> though not the curing one you mentioned. I immediately reserved the book at
> our local library.
> He is also, as I'm sure you know, leaving Oliveto and forming a business
> which makes and distributes cured meat, "Fra'Mani".
> I'm sure you have the following, but for everyone else, look at:
> http://www.oliveto.com/chef.html
> and scroll down to Paul.

Bertoli is one of few outstanding sources of information
on meat curing. He also thoroughly distinguishes himself in
the area of fermented cured meats. His book contains
step by step info on everything down to how to get the
ph meters to work properly.

In other words, he da man.

--
Reg