Posted to rec.food.cooking
Spitzmaus Spitzmaus is offline

Default Latest Brawny TV "teach your husband" commercial

Andy sez:
> Last year we discussed the grotesque guy trying to be a suave kitchen
> hulk.
>
> Remember?
>
> The new version has him pitching women to turn in their husbands to a
> "camp" to turn them into Stepford husbands.
>
> What man would be so stupid as to be entered into such a dumb contest. If
> he were that inept, the wife shouldn't have married him.
>
> It's a stupid "reality TV" commercial. Reminds me of "Queen for a Day"
> the early 60s TV show where women had to prove themselves more miserable
> than the other contestants to win a washer and drier and flowers.
>
> Disgusting!
>
> Andy

Disgusting indeed; I've only seen it once, and found it seriously
off-putting. But I must confess that I find a majority of commercials
odious just because they're commercials. I don't appreciate being
pitched to, nor do I fit the demographic the ads appear to target. Phooey!

However, there's a GE spot running these days featuring an elephant
hoofing it /a la/ Gene Kelly in "Singin' In The Rain". I find it quite
adorable . . . :-[

Spitz
--
Mind the runner beans!