Posted to rec.food.cooking
Vilco[_1_] Vilco[_1_] is offline

Default Don't know what to call it

Bob Terwilliger wrote:

> I saved it as "Heather's Bean-Artichoke Stew with Polenta." Are you
> sure about the 1/4 inch polenta slices? That seems awfully thin.

If one wants to fry polenta, better stay thin. 1/4 is a good figure.

> (Whenever I get around to making it, I'll probably just go with a big
> dollop of soft polenta with Parmesan instead of the fried polenta
> anyway.)

Well, these are two totally different worlds: one is a crispy almost-finger
food, the other is creamy/soupy and needs a dish.
Never tried fried polenta slices with bacon (or pancetta) slices, wrapped
around polenta as soon as fried? It's a delight.
--
Vilco
Think pink, drink rose'