Posted to rec.food.cooking
Andy[_2_] Andy[_2_] is offline

Default Philadelphia "Jam on the River" music and food.

"Nancy Young" > wrote in news:e5d9ur$4ul$1
@news.monmouth.com:

> A town near me has a really nice jazz festival a couple of times a
> year, you reminded me it must be coming up soon, if I didn't already
> miss it. Ahh! It's next weekend. Used to be a food and jazz

festival,
> but the jazz has pretty much taken over. You can still get some good
> food.
>
> http://www.redbankfestival.com/

That sounds like fun! The Jam on the River (Jambalaya Jam, then River
Blues) used to have three stages and you just moved from stage to stage
when you felt like it. You were always guaranteed a bowl of piping hot
sausage jambalaya and powerfully powder coated begneits.

Now it's been reduced to one stage with one hour wait between the
artists. Food is also reduced to "fradulent" crap. Captain Morgan
hosted, wait, pirated the show. Who in their right mind would drink free
rum delivered where you sat by "waiters" with trays full of dixie cups
in the midday sun and then drive home?

I drank about 1/2 gallon of my water (not the $2.50 16ozs for sale) and
sun-screened twice.

The first three bands were excellent! The fourth band "Dirty Dozen" took
the stage and instantly fell into a three note infinite loop for about
10 minutes. I had to leave before they finished the song!

Attendance was poor and it was HOT both days.

Oh well.

Andy