Christine Dabney

Default Need Recipe for Coconut Cake - with Coconut *in* the Cake (not the Frosting or Filling)

On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 18:05:50 -0700, "Anne P. Mitchell, Esq."
> wrote:

>Hey guys!
>
>Our son's birthday is coming up and he really wants a coconut cake - but
>it has to be coconut _in_ the cake itself (and it has to release well
>from a pan - as we are doing a character cake - this is why it has to be
>in the cake, and not the frosting/filling [although, if anybody has any
>recipes for a coconut frosting which is smooth and pipes well that'd be
>great too! - I'm assuming it would have coconut milk in it because any
>other coconut product would produce a non-smooth frosting].
>
>Hmm...coconut butter cream frosting...? :-)
>
>Thanks!
>
>Anne

I have a recipe for one that has coconut IN the cake, but I don't have
time right at the moment to look and see if I brought the recipe with
me when I started traveling. I am on my way to work now, but I can
check in the morning.
It is a really, really moist cake, but it is baked in a tube pan. I
suppose it could be baked in regular pans, though.
It has been a few years since I made it.

Christine