Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
Steve[_6_] Steve[_6_] is offline

Default Using beer bottles for Individual serving bottles of wine

Lots of people do it. Although I bought a couple of case of 375ml
wine bottles instead, partially because I didn't have a beer capper at
the time.

The big question is, can you cap screw top bottles? Some people say
YES, others say NO.

Personally I have had no problems capping CANADIAN screw cap bottles
(both brown and clear Sleemans). These are thicker glass, because the
breweries re-use them. Yeah they break once in a blue moon, but so
does all glass.

Admitedly, I use mostly crown cap bottles but that is an appearance
preference, not because of the tops. For example, I have replaced all
of my screw top Sleemans bottles with crown cap Bavaria/Brahma bottles
because I prefer the shape of these bottles (esp the Brahma ones).

Steve