Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bob Terwilliger[_1_] Bob Terwilliger[_1_] is offline

Default ORANGE JULIUS OR ORANGE JULIP (my version)

At 7:42 AM, she wrote:

> Ni, it's snot a milk shake. It' is extremely similar to what is known
> as a licuado in Central America. A fruit or juice based blended drink
> that can be made with or without diary products.

Been imbibing a few of those margaritas already? It's not even 8 AM! :-)

It sounds like your licuado is a bit different from the Mexican version. The
Mexican ones are mostly water, flavored with a LITTLE fruit. I've posted
about them here before, though I spelled the word "liquado" (since that's
the way the vendors spell it). I've seen and made them with various
berries, citrus, melons, or mangos. For dairy I've seen light cream or milk
powder added, though I suppose you *could* use heavy cream, milk, yogurt, or
buttermilk.

Bob