Posted to rec.food.baking
a a is offline

Default HELP! Pineapple sinks in cake!

On 18 May 2006 11:42:53 -0700, wrote:

>I am throwing my son a luau party and wanted to make the cupcakes a
>little more special. I decided to add some crushed pineapple to a
>regular cake mix. I made some a couple of weeks ago to test it out
>(plus see if he liked it), but they bottoms were soggy and all the
>pineapple had sunk to the bottoms. Is there a trick to keep the
>pineapple mixed in the cake?

Hence the pineapple upside down cake. It all falls to the bottom, or
you put it there, and then turn the cake right side up!

Or you might try placing the pineapple in flour before putting it in
your cake. You are suppose to do this with chocolate chips so they
stay in the mix, maybe it will work with pineapple?