Posted to alt.food.vegan
Bong Bong is offline

Default Sure that Organic Food is Really Organic?

Be cautious of the definition of organic food. I recall reading somewhere
that the definition of organic had to do with the number of weeks before
harvesting that the last of the pesticides was used on the product. I
vaguely recall that if no pesticides were used 3 weeks before harvesting
then it could be called "organic", but am not positive on these facts or the
sources. Unfortunately I can't find that reference. So, I hoping one of
the readers of this newsgroup can find a government-approved definition of
organic food as sold in grocery stores.

news