Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Alex[_3_] Alex[_3_] is offline

Default Favorite teas to drink iced?

RJP wrote:
> I'm very fond of China lychee black iced. This is a keemun base
> tea which has been soaked in lychee (a Chinese fruit) juice, and
> then dried. The lychee flavor imparts a unique sweetness. And
> this tea is usually very reasonably priced. Yes, I add a little
> sugar, but particularly with lychee tea this is not necessary.
> Whenever we serve it to guests, they go berzerk (in a good way).

That sounds amazing.

For iced tea I usually just drink peppermint, brewed overnight or for a
very long time, with a little honey if I feel like it.

My college roommate used to take empty wine bottles, put in about half
an inch of cheap gunpowder tea, a lot of fresh mint, and a couple
tablespoons of honey, then pour in boiling water to fill and leave the
whole concoction in the fridge for about a week. The end result was
fluorescent green and very rich in caffeine and fructose, and we drank
it very cold out of very small glasses. Good after a long bike ride.