Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,misc.rural,alt.food.vegan,alt.food,alt.cooking-chat
Jerry Avins Jerry Avins is offline

Default What to consider? - gasoline

Dutch wrote:

> "Joseph Littleshoes" > wrote in message
> t...
>
>>Dutch wrote:
>>

>>>"Joseph Littleshoes" > wrote

>>>No, not per se, but production of petroleum products exacts a hefty toll
>>>on animal populations.
>>>

>>I thought the oil in the ground was the remains of dead dinosaurs or other
>>animals?

> Don't be silly. The term "animal products" implies the use of products from
> animals that were raised and killed for that purpose.

Me careful how you define things. If I were to shoot a wild doe because
she was eating my tulips, then butcher her so as not to be wasteful, the
venison would not be an animal product? Eggs taken from a wild duck's
nest are not animal products? Milk from cows who are given a decent
burial when they die of old age is not an animal product? Way to go!

Jerry
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ