Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
Joe Sallustio Joe Sallustio is offline

Default Chill then Fine, or Fine then Chill - All in a Corny?

If you see haze you will probably bind up that filter quickly, why not
give it more time and see what happens? I have left wine on bentonite
lees for months with no ill effects, others will chime in if that seems
unwise.

Try shining a strong light across the carboy and move it from top to
bottom looking at it at a right angle to the beam. (Don't look directly
into the beam.) If you see more of the beam's outline at the bottom
than at the top, the wine is slowly clearing. You can see a
stratification at times with the beam that you would not pick up with a
naked eye.

Joe