Posted to rec.food.baking
Claire Petersky Claire Petersky is offline

Default New member needs help with rolls

"Bernie" > wrote in message
ups.com...
>I just became a member of this group today. I need HELP!!! I tried
> making yeast rolls for the first time. I used a recipe from
> foodnetwork.com. It took five hours and the rolls were thick and
> doughy (although my kids still thought they tasted O.K.). I want to be
> able to make light fluffy rolls without taking all day. Any hints,
> recipes or suggestions would be appreciated.

Did you proof the yeast first?
Did you really knead the dough, until the glutens were all stretched out and
the dough was as smooth as a baby's bottom?

Making a yeast bread is more about technique than ingredients, IMO.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
http://www.bicyclemeditations.org/