Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,misc.rural,alt.food.vegan,alt.food,alt.cooking-chat
Dutch Dutch is offline

Default What to consider?

<dh@.> wrote in message ...
> On Tue, 9 May 2006 21:35:14 -0700, "Dutch" > wrote:
>

>><dh@.> wrote in message ...

>>> I've got you all beat :-) Before I got involved, I thought that
>>> people
>>> would be discussing ways to contribute to better lives for livestock
>>> with their lifestyle, and other things that would actually help animals.
>>> What a hoot that is! Instead I've spent the past seven years (or
>>> whatever) having people *oppose* the suggestion any way they
>>> can, quite often lying about me and what I'm suggesting.

>>You're suggesting that people help animals by consuming animal products
>>instead of being vegan, right?

> By consuming products which they feel contribute to lives of positive
> value for farm animals.

What if they feel that no animal products do that to their satisfaction?
Wouldn't it then be more ethical of them to be vegans? Would they not be
more consistent with their ideals than say people who claim to care about
animals, then consume animal products with little regard for the value of
the animals' lives?

{..}