Posted to rec.food.cooking
Wharfrat Wharfrat is offline

Default Vegetarian Camping/Cooking?

How would you recommend using quinoa in a camping situation? At the
restaurant I work in we use it quite frequently but it usually involves
eggs...quinoa cakes.

I LOVE your response!!!! Thank You!!!

Maybe I could pre-make a Polenta and slowly warm it over a grill? But what
would I serve that with?

You opened up the door to making this a "Fine Dining" experience, which I
was hoping for since I want to impress this girl.

I really want to hear more ideas from you!

Perhaps I could have Portobellas encrusted with a Panko/Asiago
mixture....deep-fried over the grill (will that work? can I try to "deep-
fry" portas over a tiny gas grill? or fry in a pan?) and stuffed with
ummmmm some sort of spinach pesto?

ok...now I have to figure out how to make a spinach pesto.

Thanks for opening up the doors....Please open more!!