alzelt

Default boiling/poaching (?) fish

Reg wrote:

> alzelt wrote:

>> The same is said for poaching fish. Poaching is actually the best
>> vehicle to showcase sauces that are served with the fish. If you make
>> a special sauce, grilling or baking may not show off the sauce in its
>> best light.

> Right. But turning a dish into a 'sauce vehicle' is hardly a good thing.
> I tend to agree with Louis here.

Guess you spend very little time in good French restaurants. Many people
count sauce as an ingredient, NOT a condiment. There is a difference.
And that is why poached fish is very common.

I am not denouncing other methods of preparation. I grill fish quite
often, as I live in the Northwest. But, when I am interested in a
specific flavor and consistency, a sauced, poached fish is great.
--
Alan

"If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion, and
avoid the people, you might better stay home."
--James Michener