Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young[_1_] Nancy Young[_1_] is offline

Default Broken Egg In Carton

"Umbrian" > wrote

> My thoughts about this group have been tending towards the negative
> sensation that it resembles recess at a junior high school. It started
> during the Patches episode, where several expressed the opinion that
> she had emotional issues. I don't know her since I had a hiatus of
> several years between connecting when I lived in the US and connecting
> when I got unlimited internet here. But I kept thinking, if she is
> emotionally unstable, then it is clearly wrong to start something with
> her (the stolen photo) and then to assemble and make fun of her when
> she reacted. I kept thinking that at least one of the long term
> posters would step in and say, "Enough! This is immature and
> unattractive behavior." No one ever did.

First of all, we don't know who posted the photo. No clue. For all I
know, she did. Any efforts to tell her she was overreacting were met
with hysteria. And, by your own admission, this was your first experience
with her. I'm not saying what happened was right but I can see how it
came to happen. There's history, you just pick up the end of the story
and take it by it's face value.

There was nothing to be gained by anyone saying, Stop That! If nothing
else, the person most actively involved, in my recollection, couldn't
possibly care less what I think, so forget that. Just to be on record as
the hall monitor? No thanks.

I understand what you said, but I guess you probably think we should
collectively feel ashamed of ourselves. Well, I don't.

nancy